In this set of interconnected learning experiences students consider how tax contributes to sport participation and physical health. They propose and evaluate facilities to improve physical health.
By the end of Year 10, students critically analyse contextual factors that influence identities, relationships, decisions and behaviours. They analyse the impact attitudes and beliefs about diversity have on community connection and wellbeing. They evaluate the outcomes of emotional responses to different situations. Students access, synthesise and apply health information from credible sources to propose and justify responses to health situations. Students propose and evaluate interventions to improve fitness and physical activity levels in their communities. They examine the role physical activity has played historically in defining cultures and cultural identities.
Students demonstrate leadership, fair play and cooperation across a range of movement and health contexts. They apply decision-making and problem-solving skills when taking action to enhance their own and others’ health, safety and wellbeing. They apply and transfer movement concepts and strategies to new and challenging movement situations. They apply criteria to make judgements about and refine their own and others’ specialised movement skills and movement performances. They work collaboratively to design and apply solutions to movement challenges.
Student learning resources
Build it and they will come
Suggested activity sequence
This sequence is intended as a framework to be modified and adapted by teachers to suit the needs of a class group. If you assign this activity to a class, your students will be assigned all student resources on their 'My learning' page. You can also hand-pick the resources students are assigned by selecting individual resources when you add a work item to a class in 'My classes'.
Part A: Sport 2030
- Use the visualiser to explain the vision of the Sport 2030.
- For each of the actions proposed by the Sport 2030 plan:
- Discuss how these actions will support local communities, everyday people and elite athletes.
- Ask students for examples of each action being proposed.
- Students individually complete the Sport 2030 personal response.
- Students share their views with the class.
Part B: Build it and they will come
- Talk students through the investigation.
- Students complete their investigations.
- Negotiate with students how they will present their ideas.